JiggerWocky: adventures in alcohol and academics

JiggerWocky: adventures in alcohol and academics

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Joyful, Joy Division!


I opened my Christmas present early this year, and got the most amazing bottle of Mezcal. In fact, it's boutique Mezcalero, which is only available in Oaxaca and California. Here's my friend Camper English, with whom I share quite a few similarities, describing it: http://www.alcademics.com/2009/10/new-booze-mezcalero-mezcal.html

Here's one of my all time favorite recipes from Mayahuel in the East Village.
The Division Bell
1 oz. Del Maguey San Luis Del Rio Mezcal
3/4 oz. Aperol
3/4 oz. Maraska
3/4 oz. lime juice
Shake and serve up. Twist and squeeze a grapefruit peel over the glass. Rub the rim of the glass with the peel, then discard it.

No comments: